Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Counting down ...



While scrolling through my Feedly today, I came across this post from Christian Century by Anne Mocko, Maybe we should just do lessHere are some of the "wisdom bullets" that struck me: 

  • "We rarely feel rested or whole."
  • "asked to lay aside the activities that normally consume them"
  • "a day to rest and heal, to take a walk or have big conversations. It would be a day to take stock and gain perspective, a day to pay attention to the conditions of our lives, and a day to reduce our carbon footprint."

As I look forward to my upcoming sabbatical, and I'm wondering what and how I will accomplish what I proposed to do, I am reminded to build in some time to rest, heal, walk, talk, and gain perspective. Watch this space to see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment